PonyProg and PIC16F87xA code protect

I'm having problems with removing the code protect from my PIC16LF874A with PonyProg2000. The erase feature won't remove the code protect. Therefore I can't program it. I don't think PonyProg is issuing a proper "chip erase" according to Microchips app notes. If the 87xA is shipped with the CP set as default why does PonyProg list the 874A as a target device?

How are people programming the 87xA? How can I remove/erase the code protect?

Thanks

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Magma

PICs are shipped with code protect off according to the datasheet I think if you have programmed the PIC with code protect on, then you cannot remove it (otherwise it wouldn't be code protect :) although it probably programs the program space correctly. Make sure you change the setting to code protect off before programming a new chip next time. Hope this helps

ross

Reply to
kjl