Please Help! Missing interrupt from rtl8139.

Hi. I am writting a small os base on x86 arch. I have just written a rtl8139 driver for my os.the device's interrupt vector is 11. When I run my os, I can 'ping' it through windows for a while. But after a few minutes, the rtl8139 network card has not produce any interrupt.

I can assure the os is not dead.Because it can receive the interrupt from PIT, and the Ticks in my os is increasing. I also check the device's status, it also do not have any problem.

I have tried a lot of method, still can not solve this problem.

Please give me some help. thanks.

Reply to
leilei

SO many possibilities, especially without being able to see your code.

How do you know the network card does not have any problems? Which x86? What interrupt controller? what motherboard/chipset?

The simplest possibility is some control register is not being cleared.

Not much but I HTH. ed

Reply to
Ed Prochak