PLEASE!

Its "The Jim Thompson Effect" from S.E.D.

From now I will just post C source code for 8051 with no comments

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I really think you should comment your code -- thoughtful comments make it much more readable.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Boki stuff maybe?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Over the last week or two, this NG seems to have drifted away from the embedded group that it is. Postings have been made expressing political, religous, and personal opinions far from the charter of this NG. Personal attacks have been made on individuals for expressing their opinions.

Please take these postings to personal e-mail or some more appropriate NG.

Thank You,

~Dave~

Reply to
Dave

I suggest writing a little program that will recursively search your source directory and assemble random functions.

It should take the declaration line from a randomly selected fcn in a randomly selected sourcefile, put in curly braces, and in between put a random number of randomly selected source lines (including non-null comments and occasional whitespace). If the function returns a value, your program should take a return statement from a randomly selected function in your source directory and put it before the closing curly brace, typecasting the returned value to the return type of the prototype for this random function.

Reply to
larwe

You may be on to a real AI implementation... :-)

Dimiter

larwe wrote:

Reply to
Didi

Do you think CBF will comment about your top posting?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Don't take any notice of a man who even irons his underpants.

Reply to
Andrew M

Yes, it's true. There's been a right old "setting the world to rights around the water cooler" chinwag.

And very good-humoured it's been too. (I saw one personal attack, which was challenged, and the poster apologised immediately.) Despite a multiplicity of viewpoints, it's been cogent, mature, frank, but fair. (Which for Usenet is almost unheard of ;).) I'd like to say thanks and huge respect to the posters for keeping it that way.

But yes, you're right, it was OT. It made for an interesting distraction from real work, though ;).

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

I agree with you, Steve. Nothing wrong with getting to know each other a bit better. Some off-topic exchanges, so what. I am sure the net result will be less unnecessary communication over time (and thus more useful exchanges).

Dimiter

P.S. Yet another top-posting from me (I find top-posting more appropriate when there is no excerpt I want to indicate I reply to and the entire message is > 4-5 lines; otherwise I merge both. So far no complaints :-).

Steve at fivetrees wrote:

Reply to
Didi

... snip ...

Postponed until the greater evil of google is conquered. :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

In large part it has been kept under control by the absence of extensive cross-posting. That is always deadly, as it attracts kooks of all flavors.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

Unfortunately I think some of the people I work with write actual code this way.

Reply to
larwe

Hello Tim,

Not so thoughtful ones can be funny at times. When the occasional redneck rant pops up maybe we should just think of newsgroups differently, like neighborhood bars. Usually a nice place to hang out but there may be a fight now and then.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg