Picoweb Project

Are somebody using Picoweb to create small application. I'm not a assembler guru but have some question ?

Regards

Otto

Reply to
Otto

do you mean from

?

I was just browsing that site and noticed that it has not been updated since 2000 e.g.

"Last modified: November 10, 2000"

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

Go ahead. Many folks here have experience with the AVR. I've built the breadboard version of PicoWeb, but I've not used his source code.

Also, if your questions are very PicoWeb-specific, you could also ask Bruce Lightner directly. I found him very willing to answer questions.

Richard

Reply to
Richard H.

I have a source and can't do what I wont. I like to modify it, but have some problem. And I won't disturb this forum with my source!

I send 2 or three e-mails to lightner but never get any answer!

Otto

Reply to
Otto

Yes I know. Thanks

Otto

Reply to
Otto

OK, so the problem is that you are adding an input button and it is not working properly, right?

I see the button is connected to PortD, pin 2 (the 3rd pin).

1) You need a pull-up resistor on the input signal so it will return to a known state (+5v) when the button is not pressed, otherwise it will "float" when not pressed and the value will fluctuate / be undefined.

You can activate the AVR's internal pull-up by writing a 1 (sbi) on its output pin when in input mode. You need to watch that this doesn't accidentally get changed if you do byte output to the port. sbi REL_PORT,SWITCH

Or, you can add a resistor (say, 10k) between +5v and the input. Lower values will work faster but draw more current from the AVR.

2) FYI, when you eventually have the button do more than just "reset" the relay state, you will need to read-up on "de-bouncing". The switch actually make/breaks contact many times when being pressed once - this works fine for a "reset" action which can execute many times on one press, but it will cause you headaches in other uses.

3) You don't seem to be checking the input bit for a value anywhere. This would seem appropriate to do in the AVR_Slow section, though you're probably more familiar with the stucture for Picoweb's. From how your code is structured, it seems you could just check the input and clear the port bits there.

Thoughts?

Reply to
Richard H.

Hello Richard

Many thanks for all your information. If you give me your e-mail, I can send you a link to see how it work!

Regards

Otto

Reply to
Otto