PIC24 16-bit MCUs

I just saw the PIC24 MCUs appear on microchips website. Theyre called

16-bit general purpose. Not much diversity in their chip lines and mips to MHz ratio is not quite like atmel, but its not 1/4 either. Sad to see no DIPs.

128kbyte of flash is sweet, but I'd really like to see RTOSes that work and work well on this chip. I'll look at ucos. Can anyone tell me if eCos can be ported to 16-bitters?

The amount of flash and the voltage range are the best parts. Can run down to 2V on this thing.

PIC24H series seems even better, and it seems theyre both somehow pin compatible with the dsPIC series.

No power consumption ratings shown yet. I'd be interested in those. Apart from arm thumb, what other MCUs exist in this class?

Reply to
Ghazan Haider