PIC16F874 I2C problems.

I currently have a PIC16F874 connected to a 24FC512 EEPROM. I have written simple code in asembly that writes a single byte of data to the EEPROM and reads the data back and outputs it on port B. Of course it doesn't work. I've been working on this for a couple of days in my spare time and rewrote it many times. I've searched the internet and old newsgroup postings and have found this to be a common problem but no solutions. I've read and reread the datasheets for both devices and haven't found any problems with my code. Anyone know if there are issues with the MSSP module? I found out about the error in the datasheet, it says SCK should be configured as an input when it should be an output, fixed that and still no go. I also read about a problem with ACK timing, something about line capacitance issues?

Anyways, if anyone has any idea of what my problem is or can direct me somewhere to find out that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

We can't give much help if you don't show us your code or tell us how you've hooked the EEPROM to the PIC.

Reply to
Gary Kato