pic16f627 with different baudrates

Hi!

I am a newbee of using PIC USART and internal clock.

I am developing a program that will send a data to an instrument to enabl it to send an output to the PC via RS232. The problem is, my hardware ha

8 channels with different instruments which run with different baudrates The data sent is similar on all channels. How could i send the correc data to the corresponding channel which i am not sure what baudrate t use? Is it possible for me to constantly change different baudrates afte i send a data to each channel since different instruments have differen data request. What i am going to do? Do you have any idea. Too, i am usin the inaccurate internal clock since i am running out of ports.

Your response is highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Reply to
rose fay

Yes you can change the baud rate if you know the correct rate for each instrument. You will most likely needed a crystal the PIC internal oscillator is not accurate enough. You will need a bigger chip or some type of I/O expander

Reply to
Neil

So that's 9 UART channels total, 1 PC plus 8 instruments, and your PIC has 1 UART and nothing to multiplex that 1 UART. All that plus an inaccurate baud clock to boot.

One thing you could do that might pay off would be rethink your hardware architecture.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to