PIC without paging?

Hi all.

Does anyone know of a PIC that does not require paging? In other words,
all memory is contiguous. I'm looking for a 16K (or larger) memory
device.

Cheers,
Simon.

Re: PIC without paging?

PIC18Fxxx

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: PIC without paging?

18F452 is a popular upgrade from the 16F77. Memory is accessible
unpaged, though it is slightly more optimal to use paging for the bottom
RAM bank.

The great thing is you can recompile a 16C77/F77/F877 application with
only a few careful mods and be up and running again, even in PDIP-40. It
  worked for me. There are bigger parts still in the 18 series.

Regards,
Mike.
--
Mike Page BEng(Hons) MIEE           www.eclectic-web.co.uk

Re: PIC without paging?

I think it's called and AVR ;-)

Ralph

Re: PIC without paging?
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:41:08 +1200, "Ralph Mason"

No no no no no.... An AVR is a PIC without paging AND without just that
one single "working" register that everything has to squeeze through...

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: PIC without paging?
None of the PIC18xxxx processors have paging. There are 16/32/64K devices in
that family (as well as some small memory parts), and some that can expand
to address external memory with a full data/address bus.

Darrel Johansen

Re: PIC without paging?
Thanks to all that have replied - most grateful.
Cheerio,
Simon.

Site Timeline