Pic thermometer with LCD and several DS1820's ?

Hi all.

I'm looking for a code for a PIC (16F84 etc), which would show
temperatures of several DS1820 family sensor temperatures on a LCD
screen simultaneously.

Knowing next to nothing about coding, I can not modify any existing
codes which I found from the web to do my job.

Thanks in advance,

Erik
lakki at iki dot FI

Re: Pic thermometer with LCD and several DS1820's ?

I suggest you start learning.  That's what things like MPLAB are
for.  Pre-existing coding is highly unlikely to fit without
changes, because hardware configurations vary.

Or you can hire a consultant.  Much more expensive.

Re: Pic thermometer with LCD and several DS1820's ?

if you mail me your requirements, i can possibly
give you something, for a couple of dollars ...

the stuff that i've already got you wont be able to use in your
design without modifying.

goose,

Re: Pic thermometer with LCD and several DS1820's ?

check http://www.phanderson.com/ IIRC he made something like this with
one of our boards PIC-MT

Best regards
Tsvetan
---
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb
(http://www.olimex.com/pcb )
Re: Pic thermometer with LCD and several DS1820's ?

I second Tsvetan's recommendation.  Check http://www.phanderson.com /
The code you find there will show you how to communicate with a DS1820
and write to an LCD.  If you want to communciate with multiple sensors
on a 1-wire bus you will want to get DalSemi's PDF about the process of
interrogating the bus for multiple devices.  I did a 2-sensor thermo
(indoor/
outdoor) after studying those sources.

Site Timeline