PIC BASIC grammar

Hi,

Im searching for PIC BASIC grammar. Could you help?

Thanks

Reply to
Account1

I assume you mean command set.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Not really but this very helpful also. Im searching for a grammar file which describes the language which can be input for compiler generator programs like yacc. Is pic basic a subset of a real basic language (for example visual basic)?

Thanks

Reply to
Account1

Talking yacc, I assume you are wanting to compile it for Unix, if so, I can't help there.

However pic basic was first done with interpreted basic by Parallax, and closely followed by a compiler from Melabs.

There are many other variants now, but I would suggest Melabs is the most commonly used basic compiler today.

You will find the basic commands evolved out of a need to control PIC I/O and registers. Things such as PIN1 HIGH won't be found in any former basic, and many liberties are taken to produce Pic Basic.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Neither PIC nor Visual Basic are standardized languages - they vary on the whim of their creators. The input language for Yacc is fully described in the documentation of yacc (or bison).

Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. See the following links:

--

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer