PHY selection

I am about to "attach" a PHY device to a DS80C400 processor but have little
knowledge of PHY's and who makes them etc.  I assume they are either all the
same or very similar since the interfaces must be according to
IEEE802******.

Can anyone outline a list of manufacturers to save a lot of hunting.

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference!

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Re: PHY selection

You will need a PHY with an MII interface.

Level One (now owned by Intel) has some:
http://www.intel.com/design/network/products/ethernet/linecard_ept.htm

Regards,
Allan.

Re: PHY selection

little
the

Many thanks.  I'll have a look at these.

Re: PHY selection

I use Broadcom.  Try
http://www.broadcom.com/products/technology.php?technology_id15 %

I use the BCM5221 and BCM5222 for 10/100 copper and
100FX fiber interface.  Interface is standard MII (for
data) and MDIO (for control, status) per IEEE 802.

Re: PHY selection

little
the

Many thanks for the alternative.

My main concern now is the price and availability.  Will have a look.

Site Timeline