PHY selection

I am about to "attach" a PHY device to a DS80C400 processor but have little knowledge of PHY's and who makes them etc. I assume they are either all the same or very similar since the interfaces must be according to IEEE802******.

Can anyone outline a list of manufacturers to save a lot of hunting.

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference!

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Fred

You will need a PHY with an MII interface.

Level One (now owned by Intel) has some:

Regards, Allan.

Reply to
Allan Herriman

little

the

Many thanks. I'll have a look at these.

Reply to
Fred

I use Broadcom. Try

I use the BCM5221 and BCM5222 for 10/100 copper and

100FX fiber interface. Interface is standard MII (for data) and MDIO (for control, status) per IEEE 802.
Reply to
Tom Taylor

little

the

Many thanks for the alternative.

My main concern now is the price and availability. Will have a look.

Reply to
Fred