PHY for AT91RM9200 ?

Just beginning a new design here, built on the AT91RM9200. I am searching for RoHS-compliant components that will be available now and hopefully well into the future. First up is a enet PHY.

AMD says that they have successfully tested these PHY chips: Intel LXT971A, Davicom DM9161E, AMD Am79C874.

However, the chip that seems to be most readily available (and low power) is the National DP83848C. Is the MII standard complete enough to ensure that the DP83848C would work if I design it in ?

George

Reply to
George Pontis

It works, no problems whatsoever.

*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Sergey Kubushin

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. Was that in RMII or MII connection ?

Reply to
George Pontis

I used RMII.