Phillips microcontroller help

Can anyone tell me if the additional markings on a Phillips microcontroller after the main part # have any influence on the operation of the part?

I have purchased some NOS identical Phillips P89C51RD2HBA parts that do not work as the original part they are replacing. While the part #'s on the chips are identical the second and third lines of markings are not.

Reply to
G.I.O.

Phillips says no. The secondary markings do not matter. The part must be programmed and this is why they will not function.

Can someone tell me if these parts can be copied from one to the other like using an Eprom programmer?

Reply to
G.I.O.

an Eprom programmer will not work but a device programmer might.

These parts can be programmed from a universal device programmer - you will need see if the device programmer covers the P89C51RD2HBA.

The P89C51RD2HBA may have the security bits locked - so you may not have access read the data out and programm another.

JG

Reply to
Joe G (Home)