Philips offering LPC21xx samples

Philips is offering free sample LPC21xx chips:

http://www.philips.semiconductors.com/lpc2100

I've set up a Yahoo egroup dedicated to these devices:

Leon

Re: Philips offering LPC21xx samples

If you follow the links, you'll get a LPC900 sample!

No reply from the webmaster when I pointed out the error.

newell

Re: Philips offering LPC21xx samples

I find that these days a lot of webmasters don't read their email.
Seems that the webmaster address gets so much more spam that others that
many have given up on it.  I am about to myself.  Webmaster and
postmaster are now getting about half the spam that comes to my domain.
Of course that does not count the silly, made up addresses that I block
at my email servers.  Spammers are one weird bunch.  They sell their
customers an email service that is delivered to addresses that either
don't exist or go to people that don't want the junk.  But it is so
cheap to deliver, that even if they only get 1 in 10,000 replying, no
make that 1 in 100,000 replying, they can still make a profit
advertising stuff that no one in their right mind would want to buy.

Thanks for listening to my little rant.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: Philips offering LPC21xx samples
I have a little gif on my home page which looks like a mailto:
URL, except you can't click on it and robots can't read it.
It's not a bad compromise - you might try it!

Re: Philips offering LPC21xx samples

That won't help.  I don't have the webmaster or postmaster addresses
anywhere on my web page.  Spammers just send mail to them anyway.
Likewise they send mail to the 60 or so (currently) other made up
addresses which I block individually because that is easier than adding
an email address every time I make one up.  I give out unique addresses
to new contacts.  That way I can tell who gives out my address to whom.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
OT: spam (was: Re: Philips offering LPC21xx samples)

: That won't help.  I don't have the webmaster or postmaster addresses
: anywhere on my web page.  Spammers just send mail to them anyway.
: Likewise they send mail to the 60 or so (currently) other made up
: addresses which I block individually because that is easier than adding
: an email address every time I make one up.  I give out unique addresses
: to new contacts.  That way I can tell who gives out my address to whom.
:

I personally use spamgourmet.com for throw away email addresses.

So, email me: snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com, except that by the time you
do, the spammers will have already made this address useless :)

Spamgourmet gives out unlimited email addresses valid for up to 20 uses
each, as specified by you.

Check it out. I love it! :)

Regards,

--buddy

--
Remove '.spaminator' and '.invalid' from email address
when replying.

Re: OT: spam (was: Re: Philips offering LPC21xx samples)

Thanks for the tip.  But that is not my use.  When I contact a vendor
(or other way around) and I need to give them an email address, I use
(vendor name)@arius.com.  Typically I use this address continuously
after that to communicate with them, expecially if they will be sending
me email on a regular basis such as advertising (that I want) or reports
of some kind.

But I also have need for throwaway email addresses.  I'll look into
these guys.  Thanks.