PCIe to PCI bridge

Hi group

I'm looking into an upgrading project for an existing PCI-card. The basic
idea is to add a bridge chip to he design, with as little effort as
possible.

The PCI-controller used so far is PLX PCI9030. Can anybody suggest a bridge
chip?

Kresten

Re: PCIe to PCI bridge
DEC used to have a good series quite a while back which we used in a
similar set-up at my former company. As far as I remember, they were
taken over by Intel. From a quick perusal of the web-site it looks as if
the 21152 (http://www.intel.com/design/bridge/21152.htm ) is the
successor to the one I am  thinking about.

I'm sure there are others of course. I'd try Texas or Samsung for a start.

Regards,
Charles

Re: PCIe to PCI bridge
Hi

I can see now that I didn't expres myself clearly  - what I'm looking for is
a bridge to PCI Express (PCIe).

Sorry
Kresten

Site Timeline