PCI conformance requirement ?

I'm looking into using a particular PCI peripheral card as OEM
equipment in a commercial system.  PCI interface is based on a PLX
chip.  Vendor's Specification says the board conforms to PCI 2.3,
however when I asked they told me they do not have a certificate of
conformance, I gather the presumption is that since the PLX chip
conforms, the vendor's board "should" conform.  And therein lies the
rub !  Conformance as best I know depends on both the interface chip
and board attributes such as pullups, trace lengths, proper handling of
some signal lines.

Am I being too picky in expecting a board vendor should have a
certificate of conformance ?

What is the commercial standard of practice in this regard ?

Thanks for sharing, and my apologies if this inappropriately posted to
either group.

Regards,
-rajeev-

Re: PCI conformance requirement ?

Hi,rajeev.
I never heard there are some commercial standards of a board.Trac
lengths, proper handling of some signal lines,you can find these in PC
specifications,but maybe can never find in any board's specifications.
Maybe you can ask them do some tests you care.If they won't or it does no
work well,then throw it.

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Site Timeline