PCI Chip with built-in Memory

Hi,

Does anyone know of a PCI peripheral device that has built-in flash or, preferably, Static RAM? I'd like to design in some shared non- volatile memory as I can't share system RAM. In the past I use a PLX PCI-PCI bridge and discrete SRAM but this takes up a lot of board space.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
steve horan

Most ethernet controllers have 16-32kbytes of ram. Take a look at

Jim Stewart

Yeah, I noticed that the 69030 Graphics Controller has 4 MB of DRAM, a PCI interface, and graphics built into a postage stamp sized BGA. I'd love to get something like that with only SRAM and/or flash. It's definitely possible but I'm skeptical that something like that exists. To get memory in addition to I/O I wouldn't use might not be the most elegant solution in the world.

But thanks for repsonding!

Reply to
steve horan