PCB Layout

I am trying to locate a serial lock/key for my old Tango PCB v2.11a software package. It is a printed circuit board design software package, DOS based. I have a lot of designs using this software application and have lost the serial lock/key.

Does anybody know where I can purchase one of these keys? ...or know of another application that can read these files? ...or know the file format so that I can create my own viewer?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

---------------- Pegboy

Reply to
Pegboy

software

based.

PCAD 2000 to 2004 can read these, as long as they were saved in the ASCII format. Also, you might try getting a key from the PCAD people, as they purchased Tango.

There is a company that also sell software to allow you to run Tango without the key. They can be found here:

I hope this helps,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Anton

I used Tango for a long time back in the mid 90's. As I remember, the serial dongle was only needed for the auto-router. You could do all the schematic editing and PCP editing without the dongle.

This may have changed with later versions.

Bob

Reply to
MetalHead

You need the key for PCB not schematic.

Reply to
Neil

It is the other way around Accell bought PACAD Then diched their own stuff.

The software key is a good Idea. But It is a pain to get it working under windows. I got it to work under Win95, Mostly.

Reply to
Neil

software

based.

Hi,

You could try the PCAD viewers at

. No guarantees but they are free!

John Strupat JST Limited London ON

Reply to
John Strupat

Thanks to all for your assistance. I appreciate it.

------------------ Pegboy

Reply to
Pegboy

ASCII

purchased

without

stuff.

I can't remember if the link I supplied was the utility we used on our copy or not, but the one we used basically cracked the executable code, so it didn't matter if it was run under DOS or any version of Windows.

You are correct. I had forgotten that Accell had purchased PCAD. It is interesting that they then abandoned Tango, and went with the PCAD name instead.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Anton

I may be off course here but; weren't Tango and Autotrax related? Called Tango in some countries, Autotrax in others?

If it's the same or similar, you may still be able to get Autotax as a free download.

I originally had Autotrax with a security dongle. When the dongle failed the supplier sent me a copy that ran without it.

Paul

PMB