PC8477 substitute

I've been looking at an old design that uses the National PC8477BV
floppy disk controller interfaced to a Renesas SH7032. The problem is
that PC8477BV is obsolete. What alternatives would you recommend? I'd
like the alternative to be available for at least a couple of years.

Thanks

Iain

Re: PC8477 substitute

Hello

How many do you think you would need?
I've got some PC8477BV chips in PLCC package in stock, left over from a
project I did about 7 years ago. New, never been used.

Regards
Paul Bealing
www.pmb.co.nz

Re: PC8477 substitute

Thanks for the offer but my customer looks after build for themselves.
The issue is really to try and get a floppy drive attached to a SH7032
processor using components that are likely to be available for the next
few years with a build of 100-300 units per year.

Iain

Re: PC8477 substitute

I would rather worry about the availability of floppy drives in this
time period. They are almost extinct now.
Why no flash memory cards?

Site Timeline