PC104 Computers with enough room for 5 cards

I have searched a lot for a computer or at least a box with a back
plane, where I can put in 5 or more PC104 cards.

All PC104 computers I saw, only had cages  with room for 2-3 cards.

I think there must be providers offering larger cages.
Is there someone who provides large cages with a back plane for I PC104
processor card?
thanks ulli

Re: PC104 Computers with enough room for 5 cards

Ehhrr, aren't PC104 boards stackable? Unless I missed a spec change, PC104
boards are not put in a backplane. You simply stack expansion boards on top
of the CPU board.

Meindert

Re: PC104 Computers with enough room for 5 cards

Backpane: I meant a passive board providing all connections for a
CPU-card.
The problem is, that all PC-Cages I found are just to small to stack
more than 3 cards on top of the CPU-card

Re: PC104 Computers with enough room for 5 cards

At what point do you reach a PC/104 bus loading where the bus timing
can no longer be assured?  The stackable bus is probably not as good
as a real backplane in that regard, so maybe the limit on the number
of boards is quite small.

-Robert Scott
 Ypsilanti, Michigan

Re: PC104 Computers with enough room for 5 cards
Try the CanTainer or VersaTainer on www.tri-m.com

Just make sure the power connector on your CPU board is not on one of the
corners, as you'll have to resolder it, because it hits the corners of the case.

Kind regards,

Wim