PC 104 Question

If I have an x86 CPU board with a PC 104 connector, will devices attached to the PC 104 bus look to the software just like any device attached to the ISA bus or do I need to write special drivers to control the peripherals?

TIA Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

Unless you buy a PC104 card that does something that a PC doesn't do, (counter/timer/interupt boards and data aqusition boards are popular) they look the same to your software.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

Most cpu boards I've experienced look pretty much like a PC and devices hooked to the 104 connector look about the way you'd expect if you were writing for a PC under DOS, for example. I suppose whether or not "special drivers" are needed will depend some on what kind of operating system/environment you plan to operate under and what the "devices" you are talking about actually do. If you have a board in mind and an environment, too, it shouldn't take more than a phone call to the manufacturer to figure it out. They usually offer some example drivers, too, but they can help you with any technical questions.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan