PC 104 is the right board?

I am looking for for an embedded board.
That would have the capability of having the following specs;

Runs Flash player, java, VB VC++
802.11g wireless
Compact flash disk or disk on chip
Supports 7" touch LCD
with 8-10 hrs of lithium battery pack
Low cost
NO harddrive it needs to be handheld and as compact and small, thin as
possible

AGAin the board should be as thin and small as possible so i thought
complete PC 104 boards can be good chice.
Please also if you can recommend which board can work for me (brand,
serie etc)the best based on the charactereisitics above, i would be so
pleased

thanks
Zack
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Re: PC 104 is the right board?

You need a RISC-based solution, and not a PC/104 one. Try the XScale
boards from www.compulab.co.il.

Re: PC 104 is the right board?

That is really a SINGLE  board, so you do not need extra modules and
therefore you do not need PC104 interconnections - use a standalone
PC.

You need to quantify "small" - bigger than a wristwatch ok?
What about the size of a fat wallet? - RM

Re: PC 104 is the right board?
<snip>

We manufacture PC/104 boards.  Contact me, and I can let you know if
we have a solution that will meet your needs.

Bob McWilliams
snipped-for-privacy@zendex.com
http://www.zendex.com

Site Timeline