PADS to Orcad PCB Editor

I'm making a circuit that uses part of an older design. I'd like to b able to keep the layout exactly the way it was on the old board.

I have a PADS 2005 ASCII file of the old board and Orcad Capture files o both the old circuit and my new design. I'd like to import it to PC editor. How should I go about importing all of this? Will I be able t make netlist changes in capture and have them work in PCB editor?

Reply to
Joel

"Boilerplate layer"

*-*-logo-importer-script+Place-tracks-and-pads-over-the-*-art+zz-zz+qq+converting-*-*-*-the-board-art-into-a-*-*-*-bitmap+uu+*-*-into-a-new--pc-board-on-a-mechanical-layer

One of the better posts I've seen on this:

*-*-have-equivalents-in-*-other-packages+supports+retrieve.data+doesn't+flawed+limitations-*-what-will-import-successfully+magical-tool+*-*-*-limited-*-list-of-compatible-versions+zz-zz+qq+Autovue+exist

Reply to
JeffM

The last time I tried, OrCAD PCB had a hard time with newer PADS ASCII files.

One can import it into PADS, and re-export it as an older version. Or a PERL script could be written that strips out the features of the newer format that are not supported in the older format (mostly related to mixed plane layers if I recall correctly) and rewrites it in the older format.

G.

Reply to
ghelbig