Pad-compatible cheaper variants of Panasonic and Hirose?

I foolishly laid out a PCB around the Hirose DM1AA-SF-PEJ(21) standard layout surface mount SD card connector and the Panasonic EVQ-PPFA25 6mm x 3.5mm surface mount pushbutton. The SD connector in particular is horrendously expensive, and I'm looking

I figure there must be cheapo people cloning these parts, any idea where to look? Digi-Key's parametric engine never leads me to a part I want - is there anywhere else?

Reply to
larwe

Normally these cheaper clones are manufactured in the east. A starting point is

The manufacturers often list a minimum quantity of 1000 or 10000 units, but I have found that if one contacts them, then they will sell less units at a higher price. (And the higher price is not just x/n where x is the price for the minimum number of units and n is the quantity you want )

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

I don't mind buying a couple of thousand pieces - a reel at least - of each. I haven't had much luck finding these people, but I'll try asiansources - thanks.

Reply to
larwe