Pad-compatible cheaper variants of Panasonic and Hirose?

I foolishly laid out a PCB around the Hirose DM1AA-SF-PEJ(21) standard
layout surface mount SD card connector and the Panasonic EVQ-PPFA25 6mm
x 3.5mm surface mount pushbutton. The SD connector in particular is
horrendously expensive, and I'm looking

I figure there must be cheapo people cloning these parts, any idea
where to look? Digi-Key's parametric engine never leads me to a part I
want - is there anywhere else?

Re: Pad-compatible cheaper variants of Panasonic and Hirose?

Normally these cheaper clones are manufactured in the east. A starting
point is http://www.asiansources.com . The manufacturers often list
a minimum quantity of 1000 or 10000 units, but I have found that if
one contacts them, then they will sell less units at a higher price.
(And the higher price is not just x/n where x is the price for the
minimum number of units and n is the quantity you want )

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: Pad-compatible cheaper variants of Panasonic and Hirose?

I don't mind buying a couple of thousand pieces - a reel at least - of
each. I haven't had much luck finding these people, but I'll try
asiansources - thanks.

Site Timeline