ov6630 slave mode operation

Hi everybody,

I want to buy c3038 camera that uses omnivision's ov6630 image sensor. I'm trying to develop an interface to capture the frame from this camera in my fpga. I need to have control of when to start capturing the frame and thus thinking of slave mode operation of camera.

But there seems to be some contradiction in the timing diagram. Normally href is asserted after vsync goes down after assertion and data will be valid.

But in slave mode operation timing diagram hsync (which the datasheet says need to be connected to chsync pin 42) is asserted while vsync is still high.

and I'm confused about the relationship between hsync (connected to chsync pin 42) and the href pin 18 of OV6630.

And in datasheet of c3038, is does not make any reference to pin42 chsync/bw signal, so if this signal not available how can I operate the camera in slave mode?

Reply to
bishesh

Either you modify the board

OR design your own board using ONLY the sensor you actually want

Or you stop asking the same question in many different ways until someone tells you the answer you want.

Basically if you buy somebody's module, then accpet its limits or use something else.

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter