OT: Trademark misuse

Please do not interpret my comments as Atmels view on how to do things. You asked me for an official Atmel opinion, and I told you that the only ones that can provide you with an official Atmel opinion is the Atmel legal department.

That does not mean that I think that you should not keep on doing what you are doing. I am well aware of several companies in my region which are reselling Atmel silicon, and I do not mind that. Typically they are working together with an official Atmel distributor which sees this as a way of doing increased business, and a way to avoid having to deal with companies buying in twos and threes.

Roman is not working with the official distributor and is still using their name, and that is causing them concern.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

In my case, I went to Atmel first, and they secured a better deal for me with a local distibutor. The idea being to sell more Atmel devices.

Agreed, he needs to speak with Digikey directly. If he approaches them correctly, with a sound argument, he may also benefit.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I am identifying the source.

Do you think every mom and pop computer shop has an agreement with Microsoft to use their trademark when peddling Microsoft software?

Roman

Reply to
Roman

... snip about Atmel trademark usage ...

I don't see what the fuss is about. It should be illegal/improper to sell non Atmel/Microsoft stuff as being originated by them, but not to resell their actual product.

--

                        cbfalconer at maineline dot net
Reply to

Er, that's not the issue under discussion. The question is the chain of supply.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

Well, I decided to spend those $300 and get this straightened up. I already talked to my potential lawyer and he says that generally reselling is not an issue, only problem can be if deep-pockets corporation decides to bully, then it can get expensive.

Reply to
Roman

Please note that there is noone in Atmel (including me) that has requested Roman to stop any activities to resell Atmel product. This is purely between Roman and the distributor.

Again, read signature....

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson