OT:RTOS Developer Wanted

We are looking for a consultant/ employee to develop realtime apllication code on the ARM9 processor. Experience with Montavista or GreenHills Integrity RTOS development on the ARM required. If interested contact me via email.

Thanks,

Bob Stephens snipped-for-privacy@dcxchol.com

Reply to
StephensDigital

Funny, I've almost always placed "possesses a functioning brain" way higher in my priority list than "has extensive experience with XYZ". And when I've been involved in hiring people who posses a functioning brain but not experience with some specific tool or language I've almost always been pleased -- whereas specific experience without the functioning brain has always been a disaster.

It's like only hiring HR people who drive Chryslers.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

TRY:

AntiSPAM_g9u5dd43

You're maybe right when you refer to "employee", but if I would look for an consultant I'd choose someone with experience (and functioning brain of course). An employee should fit into my team, so learning to program ARM might be the least difficult thing for someone new.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

Why couldn't you more specific, e.g. where on this world do you want the new employee to work.

Note: Unless you know: The internet is meanwhile spread all over the world.

And why don't you give at least a website to check up your company ?

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

We have been having an interesting discussion on the topic at 8052.com just lately. Many people seems to think that 20+ years experience is a substitute for a demonstrably functioning brain.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Your observation probably confirms the desirability of his having a functioning brain. On the other hand, it could be his way of collecting a list of international candidates to flog to his cusomers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Asbury

Well, you can take the company web site from his e-mail address. This is probably his way to select candidates with a "functioning brain"

Reply to
Adrian

Or 1 years experience 20+ times.

-Hershel

Reply to
Hershel Roberson

Funny, I've almost always placed "possesses a functioning brain" way higher in my priority list than "has extensive experience with XYZ". And when I've been involved in hiring people who posses a functioning brain but not experience with some specific tool or language I've almost always been pleased -- whereas specific experience without the functioning brain has always been a disaster.

It's like only hiring HR people who drive Chryslers.

--
Well fuck me. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. I placed this
posting as a favor to the head of our IT dept. The requirements are
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
StephensDigital

TRY:

Reply Rate this post:

Thanks for the pointers

Bob

Reply to
StephensDigital

From: 42Bastian Schick - view profile Date: Mon, Mar 13 2006 9:12 pm Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (42Bastian Schick) Groups: comp.arch.embedded, sci.electronics.design Not yet rated Rating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Pr>We are looking for a consultant/ employee to develop realtime

Why couldn't you more specific, e.g. where on this world do you want the new employee to work.

Note: Unless you know: The internet is meanwhile spread all over the world.

And why don't you give at least a website to check up your company ?

Reply to
StephensDigital

Your lack of proper potty training is being shown...

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

I guess now ya know more about your co-workers if you did get hired.

Reply to
FLY135

One would have hoped "functioning brain" could be left out of the requirements in a job posting. But judging from some postings on the usenet, this is not a given.

But I believe Tim has a point. Sometimes "required" for a particular RTOS or processor architecture may narrow your field of candidates to a deleterious extent.

Better: "Experience with xyz RTOS on abc processors, or similar, preferred"

(Of course, for those without functioning brains, that is a wide open door.)

Fortunately for me, the company that hired me still had "..or equivalent" in their requirements, and they are glad they did.

Rufus

Reply to
Rufus V. Smith

Sure, people with a functioning brane would have mungled your e-mail address to get,

Where they might find you are based in Los Angeles/California.

Since Google kindly sticks your host IP address in your headers then they could have done a whois which would confirm that your service provider is somewhere nearby.... it doesn't match the address of the webserver so maybe you did this from home.

In the meantime..... all comments about you giving insufficient information are valid.

Like, wow, that's a good start. Does this mean I have to drill the requirement specification out of your skull with a rusty hammer.

You want I should send an e-mail to the IT manager at your company explaining how you totally succeeded in demonstrating that he either nows nothing about IT or has employed someone who is incapable of disguising his stupidity

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Have a 'k'

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Ooh, for a military application! Who do we get to blow up? :)

So, are you in Los Angeles, Franktown, Pekin or Ingolstadt?

Reply to
onehappymadman

It's quite good that..... the 'threading' doesn't make sense. It reads like he is having an argument with himself and I have replied to his second self explaining why his first self is right.

Chortle....

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Oh well. Looks like he's in the LA area:

:

Poster's IP: 67.134.47.226 Country: United States City: Los Angeles, California

Reply to
onehappymadman