OT: Overflow on left side of web pages

Oy! My wife worked in a Carl's Jr. for a time while I was in grad school. She was tempted to try and claim workman's comp for loss of hearing from those things!

Even now, when we go to a fast food restaurant, we try to sit as far as possible from the counter just to the racket caused by those things...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

fryers

I rarely eat fast food. I get it as takeout becasue of the noise, and careless people. I don't need to fall on concrete any more.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

22" W/2048 * 1536 max resolution. I can't even drive it to that level with the video board, but I think my new computer will just reach that rate.

I use a simple java script to detect the screen size setting, and adjust the page for the best fit.

The best way to send a message to these places is buy what you can from ANYONE else. If they want to know what you stopped buying, tell them that their website is so disgusting that you can't buy anything in good conscious.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The lack of authority of the PC owner with pretty much all web browsers is astounding. You can't even stop a slow download once started because the "stop" button is muted. It's CTRL-ALT-DEL. Pretty stupid IMHO. The stop button should be always active. And it was in the old DOS-era browsers but in them days it wasn't so many kids working as programmers I guess.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yesterday I worked on laser stuff at a client and we needed a few really tiny screws. To my utter amazement a local hardware store (the kind that caters to business) had an exact fit. Less than five minutes drive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I just click the Online/Offline button to break the connection.

On the older Netscape it looks like a plug & socket that is unpluged when off line.

On IE you click "Tools", then "Work offline"

Firefox/Thunderbird should be similar to Netscape. I haven't installed it on my new computer yet. I spent half a day moving the Netscape newsgroupb files and making them work. I have too many archived files to ababndon, including a lot of "X = No Archive" things. I am finally moving fropm ME to XP. I had the old computer for six years, and contrary to what a lot of people claim I never had to re-install the ME OS.

Sig file not installed:

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

... snip ...

Have you tried Firefox (2.0 seems to be better than 2.0.1). I have none of those problems.

CBFalconer

Opera will kill any download instantly. And restart it anytime in the current session if you want.

I have Firefox. I very rarely use it. Opera is 1,000 times better.

Regards,

Mike Monett

Antiviral, Antibacterial Silver Solution:

SPICE Analysis of Crystal Oscillators:
Noise-Rejecting Wideband Sampler:

Mike Monett

Buy it mail-order like a normal person ;-)

I bought a Toshiba sattelite pro A120 from an online outfit here in the DK (Computersalg A/S,

, not much good to you), they sent it, it arrived and worked ever since. I think the Toshibas are nice, fast machines for the money. The battery capacity is pretty good too ~4 hours and the built-in WiFi even works with my dodgy 108 Mbps home network.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

I did last week. But it seems stuck in Champaign, Illinois since Dec-30. Who knows, maybe it's all snowed in back there.

it

The one that's coming is Twinhead Durabook D14RA. Metal enclosure, the tough stuff or what they call "ruggedized". I am not a great fan of plastics. Downside is the weight of around seven pounds.