[OT] Looking for embedded (PIC) programmer in GTA (Toronto, ON)

Hi guys, I'm Looking for an experienced embedded firmware C programmer to develop real-time communication and instrumentation and control firmware for a new boards. Familiarity with hardware debugging techniques will be necessary, and ability to work from less than perfect (and changing) documentation. Currently using high end PICs and Ethernet communications. FPGA familiarity wouldn't hurt for future use. Interesting startup type environment, work has to be done on-site.

Please send me an e-mail or give me a call (cell 4*6-820-1248) if you know someone good who might be interested. Thanks, sorry for the OT post.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

:( Bummer I don't think I'd qualify...

C: Just about forgot it all because nobody hired me to do any C work.

Real time communication: Real time with PIC??...Gee how fast are those suckers going now?

Hardware Debugging I usually swear at a project and beat it until it works.

Less than perfect documentation... That should go well with my less than perfect...ahem...everything else..

High end PIC's I guess those have more than 32 instructions.

FPGA Maybe I'll use one someday..

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Real time isn't all about speed.. more about determinism, but anyhow

30MIPS is common.

Did I mention the free Tim Hortons coffee? On the downside, the successful candidate would have to work with me. ;-)

Yup. But the 32 or 35 or whatever is more of a specsmanship thing than anything else.

IME, they're a bit like micros- a lot of fun unless you're running up against the limits.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Building an organization?

John

Groundbreaking on the underground lair was announced weeks ago, did you miss it?

I hope Spehro has, at the very least, an eyepatch, a motorized chair and a bald cat.

Reply to
larwe

Adding a few vital elements to an existing (and very interesting, and growing) company doing some state-of-the-art work.

LOL! In my dreams. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Mmm, pity about the Canadian part of it. I'd have applied if it could be remote. Oh well.

Nothing could be simpler.

Underground lair: (some fully reconditioned and ready for evil occupant).

Eye patch (3 pack, in case of bloodstains while dismembering incompetent lackey):

Recliner with 2 jet engines:

Bald (Sphynx) cat: Several available for adoption right now, but this one seems to have the requisite evil tendencies already and will not require substantial training -

Reply to
larwe