OT.keyboard from PC/mac to embedded thingy

I'm working on my pension scheme project. 99% worked out, coded and I just need one little extra.

I need to embed text info into my serial datastream ( that is going through my 8051) from the usual PC/mac coming from the keyboard in an open text document, Word, Open Office etc. Probably use FTDI stuff on my 8051 board.

That is echo the keyboard to a USB/ serial port, one way only.

I don't have a clue of where/who/how to look for it

thanks

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Just realised, it's a keyboard sniffer, any recommendations for a legal one?

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I have to admit that I can't make much sense out of this post and I can see a number of different ways to parse it.

Are you asking about a software application for the PC or an embedded device that monitors the keyboard signals? If the latter one of the hardware key logger designs should prove a good place to start. There is an 8051 based design at

that you might find useful.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org

I'm asking for a bit of PC/mac sw that will send the PC/mac keyboard to my 8051 box of tricks, as well as it's intended application.

I will get somebody else to write the user manual :)

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

If you want a hardware wedge, that's fairly challenging for USB, BUT once you've got it working it will continue to work regardless of OS and even across software updates and antivirus scans. A software keyboard wedge is going to require constant maintenance since it is pretty much by definition malware.

For Windows it's fairly simple . For MacOS it's a bit harder.

Reply to
larwe

PC = Hyperterm MAC = not a clue

Reply to
donald

Thanks Larwe, I suppose I'll have to suggest Terra Term, as a stop gap

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith