OT - Got a new coffeemaker for the office

Hello from Gregg C Levine They are. They are widely used in Japan, and in some parts of the EU. No I don't know from experience, more like from discussing the issues from people who have been there. I think in S America for the e-cash approach, certainly with Brazil, for the buses, they use i-Buttons from DallasSemi-Maxim. Gregg C Levine drwho8 atsign att dot net

Reply to
Gregg C Levine

Hello from Gregg C Levine According to my sources it even spawned an RFC describing how you could physically connect a vending machine to the campus network. Anything the user wanted in a vending machine, happened. I looked at the RFC (don't have the number with me), for network enabling an appliance before it became actually possible. For my company we were not able to implement it, but it was a nice read. I think it was written and tested inside the campuses that make up all of the Cambridge, Charlestown, Boston area. Gregg C Levine drwho8 atsign att dot net

Reply to
Gregg C Levine