[OT] "Embedded" application

"An Austrian architecture firm has designed a high-tech monument and grave site concept to be available to clients in the United States beginning this summer.The design combines earth, water and light with stainless steel, solar cells and an LED display reminiscent of a calculator."

I wonder what processor they're using?

--
Ron Sharp.
$DEITY that's tacky!

ColdFire?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

it is Probablty the ARm or course, which by the way how does one ARM put in the usage, with embedded Operating Sister...?

(I'm not very nice.)

Reply to
Garrett Mace

And even better:

"The LED Display spells out the name of the deceased, dates of birth and death and any other information desired and is fully programmable, so it can be changed."

Oh, I bet it can be changed all right! I know that if I were to ever get one of these, there would be a long list of people who would want to "change" the sign. I sure hope the company that makes these things has a REALLY good password protection scheme on the LED display!

Reply to
Tom

death

one

the

Oh you bet.

*launches typical thread of wisecrackers trying to one-up the last joke*

How about "If you can read this, quit standing on my chest!"

Or maybe I'd go for printer messages like "READY" or "TRAY 3 EMPTY."

Reply to
Garrett Mace

Organic LEDs (OLED) would be the obvious technology...

Actually this type of thing was announced by a US company at least a decade ago- "Audio-visual" grave markers. I wonder if Steven King has signed up- he could be scaring people for years after his demise.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Ah yes, what better way to welcome visitors to your grave and really impress them with the kind of person you were. A comfortable all-weather sofa placed across from the screen, a mini-dish system with the premium sports package invites passers-by to stay awhile and catch a game or two with the deceased.

Reply to
Garrett Mace