[OT] "Embedded" application

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_830508.html
http://www.fuerrot.at/grave /

"An Austrian architecture firm has designed a high-tech monument and grave
site concept to be available to clients in the United States beginning
this summer.The design combines earth, water and light with stainless
steel, solar cells and an LED display reminiscent of a calculator."

I wonder what processor they're using?

--
Ron Sharp.
$DEITY that's tacky!

Re: [OT] "Embedded" application
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:48:45 -0400, the renowned "Android Cat"

ColdFire?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: [OT] "Embedded" application

it is Probablty the ARm or course, which by the way how does one ARM put in
the usage, with embedded Operating Sister...?

(I'm not very nice.)

Re: [OT] "Embedded" application

And even better:

"The LED Display spells out the name of the deceased, dates of birth and death
and any other information desired and is fully programmable, so it can be
changed."

Oh, I bet it can be changed all right! I know that if I were to ever get one
of these, there would be a long list of people who would want to "change" the
sign. I sure hope the company that makes these things has a REALLY good
password protection scheme on the LED display!

Re: [OT] "Embedded" application
death
one
the

Oh you bet.

*launches typical thread of wisecrackers trying to one-up the last joke*

How about "If you can read this, quit standing on my chest!"

Or maybe I'd go for printer messages like "READY" or "TRAY 3 EMPTY."

Re: [OT] "Embedded" application
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:47:34 -0400, the renowned "Android Cat"

Organic LEDs (OLED) would be the obvious technology...

Actually this type of thing was announced by a US company at least a
decade ago- "Audio-visual" grave markers. I wonder if Steven King has
signed up- he could be scaring people for years after his demise.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: [OT] "Embedded" application

Ah yes, what better way to welcome visitors to your grave and really
impress them with the kind of person you were. A comfortable
all-weather sofa placed across from the screen, a mini-dish system
with the premium sports package invites passers-by to stay awhile and
catch a game or two with the deceased.

Site Timeline