OT and personal, anyone know of a free/opensource OBD-II code reader?

Looking to do a little work on the car and would
like to build a cable/interface that would let
me read and clear codes with a laptop.

Lots of stuff for sale in the $100 range, but
would like to learn as I go.

Re: OT and personal, anyone know of a free/opensource OBD-II code reader?
Elmelectronics have the chips( preprogrammed PICs) one for Ford, one for
GM....
Real easy to use.
Check their website for link to free windows/DOS software..
I created my own for an old reliable Tandy 100 which does what I want it to
do.

HTH...

Jay

Site Timeline