Ordering from Farnell in the US

I need to get some Mini-AB sockets and Farnell seems to be the only place that has them in stock. I have never ordered overseas before. I was wanting to hear of anyone elses experience in the US with ordering from Farnell. How much was shipping roughly. How long does it take. I need the parts in about 3 business days. Did you have the pay VAT or any customs charges?

I did look at NewarkInOne, but for some reason they show no stock, even though Farnell showed the connectors in stock. I guess it may be a warehouse thing.

Reply to
db

"db" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

I don't know where You are (if US is overseas You might be in Europe), but Farnell has a company in Holland as well. Maybe this helps You, maybe it doesn't. In any case I wish You good luck, sorry I can't help You any further than this.

Sincere greetings, Rene

Reply to
René

Farnell is also in the UK !!

Reply to
Stephane

Yes I am in the United States. So Europe would be overseas for me. I just tried to place an order on the Farnell UK website, but was unable to complete the order. I have sent them an email to get more information.

Reply to
db

Try phoning Newark, and talking to a sales person - I did once get a product from Farnell via Newark (complete with the Farnell stock number), although I think it was something that Newark normally stocked, but they didn't have enough for my needs.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

And also in many other countries :

Marc

Reply to
Marc Le Roy

but

I am sorry, I have made a misunderstanding. I thought Farnell's main company was in the US and in that case, if You would be in Europe (that's what I thought), giving You an adress in Europe might make Your ordering process faster than when You would have had to order in the US. I would have liked to have been of help to You, alas I made a mistake.

I hope You'll be able to get Your parts in time, good luck!!

Sincere greetings, Rene

Reply to
René

I don't know about UK to US, but I ordered some Newark parts from Farnell in the UK, I just phoned up and quoted the Newark numbers. Took about 3 days extra, £12.50 postal charge, other than that no problems. Of course, Farnell charged VAT on them, but there was no (separate) customs charge listed.... I wonder if I'm going to get a visit from the Excise men? I'd better saw one leg off and get an eye patch..

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

I'd suggest phoning Newark