Ordering from Farnell in the US

I  need to get some Mini-AB sockets and Farnell seems to be the only
place that has them in stock. I have never ordered overseas before. I
was wanting to hear  of anyone elses experience in the US with
ordering from Farnell. How much was shipping roughly. How long does it
take. I need the parts in about 3 business days. Did you have the pay
VAT or any customs charges?

I did look at NewarkInOne, but for some reason they show no stock,
even though Farnell showed the connectors in stock. I guess it may be
a warehouse thing.

Re: Ordering from Farnell in the US

I don't know where You are (if US is overseas You might be in Europe), but
Farnell has a company in Holland as well. Maybe this helps You, maybe it
doesn't. In any case I wish You good luck, sorry I can't help You any
further than this.

Sincere greetings,
Rene

Re: Ordering from Farnell in the US
Yes I am in the United States. So Europe would be overseas for me.
I just tried to place an order on the Farnell UK website, but was unable
to complete the order. I have sent them an email to get more information.

Re: Ordering from Farnell in the US
but

I am sorry, I have made a misunderstanding. I thought Farnell's main company
was in the US and in that case, if You would be in Europe (that's what I
thought), giving You an adress in Europe might make Your ordering process
faster than when You would have had to order in the US.
I would have liked to have been of help to You, alas I made a mistake.

I hope You'll be able to get Your parts in time, good luck!!

Sincere greetings,
Rene

Re: Ordering from Farnell in the US
Farnell is also in the UK !!

Re: Ordering from Farnell in the US

And also in many other countries :
http://www.farnell.com/world.html

Marc

Re: Ordering from Farnell in the US

Try phoning Newark, and talking to a sales person - I did once get a
product from Farnell via Newark (complete with the Farnell stock
number), although I think it was something that Newark normally
stocked, but they didn't have enough for my needs.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I don't know about UK to US, but I ordered some Newark parts from
Farnell in the UK, I just phoned up and quoted the Newark numbers. Took
about 3 days extra, £12.50 postal charge, other than that no problems.
Of course, Farnell charged VAT on them, but there was no (separate)
customs charge listed.... I wonder if I'm going to get a visit from the
Excise men? I'd better saw one leg off and get an eye patch..

Paul Burke

Re: Ordering from Farnell in the US

I'd suggest phoning Newark

Site Timeline