Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software

The following link for Schematic and PCB editing software has been
posted on the lpc2000 yahoo group.

http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad /

Looks like it runs under both Linux and Windows. The documentation is
mostly in French, and it looks like they are looking for people to
help translate the documentation into English.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software

Here's a repost of another PCB post that you might be interested in. I get
plenty of email from it, so it's an active group. Maybe you could get
someone in that Yahoo group interested.

I could not find much info on users of FreePCB, so I started a Yahoo
group. FreePCB is an open source program for PCB layout. It works
with a PADSPCB netlist from any schematic package.

Come check it out and let us know if you are a user.

http://www.freepcb.com /

Re: Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software

Looks a lot more complete and platform independent than that FreePCB rubbish
some idiot keeps plastering the usenet with.

Ian
--
Ian Bell

Re: Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software
is
rubbish

Don't hold back Ian, tell us how you *really* feel!

8-*

Re: Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software

He He ;-)

Ian

--
Ian Bell

Re: Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software
rubbish

BTW, I forgot to mention that the membership at

is up to 110 now.  This is the fastest growing group I have ever
started.

Obviously some people think it is an interesting and useful offering.

BTW Ian, I'm curious, what layout package do you use?

Site Timeline