One thing that I don't understand about CD hardware(One out of many)

Hi All,

One thing that I don't understand, out of many.
Is the chipset that drive the pickup mechanism(Loader) can work with
different kind of loaders.
For example, if I have a CD board with Sony pickup mechanism can I use
the same board and just change the pickup mechanism to Samsung pickup
mechanism ?
If yes, What does it take to make the change. Do I need to configure
the Servo and other chips that control the loader ?

Thanks in Advance
Freewind

Site Timeline