One thing that I don't understand about CD hardware(One out of many)

Hi All,

One thing that I don't understand, out of many. Is the chipset that drive the pickup mechanism(Loader) can work with different kind of loaders. For example, if I have a CD board with Sony pickup mechanism can I use the same board and just change the pickup mechanism to Samsung pickup mechanism ? If yes, What does it take to make the change. Do I need to configure the Servo and other chips that control the loader ?

Thanks in Advance Freewind

Reply to
freewind