OMF-386 and ELF/DWARF... revisited

Hello everybody.

It was 1999 when I posted a similar message in the Usenet... to no
avail. Well, here I am again, with a new twist.

My favourite tool-chain (MFTC) spits ELF/DWARF2 object files (Pentium
targets). My favourite ICE (MFICE) accepts only Intel's OMF-386
absolute object files (Pentium target too).

MFTC's vendor is not interested in making / selling / providing me
with an ELF/DWARF2 to OMF-386 format converter at MFTC's output: they
want me to attach myself to their ROM debugger solution.

MFICE's vendor is not interested in making / selling / providing me
with an ELF/DWARF2 to OMF-386 format converter at MFICE's input: they
want me to buy them their fantastic compiler-linker-debugger.

So, perhaps it's time to get dirty and build the bridge on my own. I
have now a good collection of ELF and DWARF specs, and some incomplete
OMF specs too. I'm also downloading Openwatcom's source files (I've
seen something about ELF support in their linker). And, who knows,
perhaps I'll have a look at objdump / objcopy sources too.

Can anybody provide me with some information (any information) in
order to make this journey a little painless ?

--
Ignacio G.T.

Site Timeline