OEM optical scanner module

Hi, I am looking for a small optical scanner to design into a piece of portable equipment. A business card scanner would work, except that the items being scanned are fairly fragile, and feeding them through the scanner would cause damage. Something like a small flat bed would be ideal. The items being scanned are a maximum of 50x75 mm (2" x 3"), colour is required, and a minimum resolution of 600dpi. Within those parameters, the smaller the better. Although I would prefer an OEM module that can be fitted into our custom enclosure, I would be satisfied with an off the shelf unit. Any leads would be appreciated. The alternative solution would be to build our own module, however the mechanical side would probably be a bit of stumbling block, however links to suitable bits and bobs would also be useful. Thanks, Clive

Reply to
clevinson

I was looking at this sort of thing some time back, IIRC googling "contact scanner opto linear array" turned up some stuff. I found a range of modules, some with integrated contact scan lens. rob

Reply to
Rob