OEM barcode reader ?

I'm looking for OEM suppliers of bar code reader modules. I don't need as
laser-based scanner but just a linear/LED based reader (the kind of reader
included in the shower-type readers), with a detection distance of say 1cm.
Module only without any packaging. Any link ?

Many thanks,
Robert

Re: OEM barcode reader ?
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:37:24 +0100, "Robert Lacoste"

The standard companies for barcode scan engines are Symbol, Intermec,
PSC, and HHP (Hand Held Products).  I have used the Intermec E1022
long range CCD scan engine - it will probably need a little more
distance than 1cm.

You might try perusing the catalogs of distributors like Scansource or
Direct Source for completed products which look promising and then
check the manufacturers for OEM modules.

Site Timeline