OEM barcode reader ?

Hi,

I'm looking for OEM suppliers of bar code reader modules. I don't need as laser-based scanner but just a linear/LED based reader (the kind of reader included in the shower-type readers), with a detection distance of say 1cm. Module only without any packaging. Any link ?

Many thanks, Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

The standard companies for barcode scan engines are Symbol, Intermec, PSC, and HHP (Hand Held Products). I have used the Intermec E1022 long range CCD scan engine - it will probably need a little more distance than 1cm.

You might try perusing the catalogs of distributors like Scansource or Direct Source for completed products which look promising and then check the manufacturers for OEM modules.

Reply to
Mike Brindley