NVRAM recommendation

Need a NVRAM in my design to store some parameters.

Any recommendation ? As I memorized, Xicor should have
such kind chips,but can't find NVRAM on its web site.
Does anyone know the other NVRAM suppliers ?

Kevin, 2004/5/3
--

Re: NVRAM recommendation
Hi Kevin,

Pleeeeease be more specific.
How many bytes/kbytes you need?
What access speed do you need?
What interface (parallel/SPI/I2C)?

Wolf

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

Re: NVRAM recommendation
On Mon, 03 May 2004 12:07:29 +0200, Wolfgang Mahringer

It just stores some bits when power suddenly shut down.
So the requirements are:
1. a couple bits is enough. 64, 128 or 256 bits is sufficient.
2. access time could be 1us or less. Seppd is not a issue.
3. either SPI or I2C is OK. uC is equipped with both I/F.
    But SPI is preferred.

RTC is not required, because my system has one already.
(SII S35180A, consumes very low power.)
( http://speed.sii.co.jp/pub/compo/ic/en/param_chrt.jsp?recordID13% )

I want SRAM+EEPROM type, not SRAM+coin cell battery.
Because small package is also required.

http://www.xicor.com/pdf_files/obsolete/x24c45.pdf

After I made a net search, X24C45 seems meet my requirements,
but its supply voltage is too high, 3.3V is default power in my
system. And I can't find it on Xicor's web site. This chip should
be discontinued.

Well, I might modify my design if no proper NVRAM is found.
--

Re: NVRAM recommendation

Go to Digikey and type "serial EEPROM" into their search box.
It gets several thousand hits.

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  So are all my
other mailboxes.  Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

Re: NVRAM recommendation

  there used to be MOSTEK, I think its STI now.
  Maxim of course and Benchmarq (now TI)

Re: NVRAM recommendation

Parallel:
http://www.ramtron.com/doc/Products/parallel.asp

Serial:
http://www.ramtron.com/doc/Products/serial.asp

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

Re: NVRAM recommendation
Be a bit careful - these are FRAM rather than SRAM + EEPROM devices.

This gives far superior write cycles compared to EEPROM, but also gives
finite read cycles (for 5V devices at least).

You can usually live with this but don't leave your parameters there for
continuous run-time accessing

Re: NVRAM recommendation
Try www.ramtron.com

Phil W

Re: NVRAM recommendation
ST (ST Microelectronics)

--
- for email, put the word "keep" in subject line -

Site Timeline