Nulling a long-tailed pair

Okay, I have a long tailed pair (actually a Gilbert cell differential output), presumably diffused resistors to Vdd, and there's a DC offset and tempco of that offset. Current is about 1mA on each side.

I tried nulling the differential output voltage by adding a high resistance to the lower side to Vdd, and the tempco seems about the same magnitude, but the sign flips.

Is this to be expected? Lucky chance? Experimental error?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Oops, wrong newsgroup. Sorry!

Reply to