Nucleus RTOS on non-MMU based processor

Folks,

Does anyone have any expirence porting Nucleus on a non-MMU base processor ? What are some of the issues and/or challenges in doing this.

Appreciate some inputs as we are investigating supporting Nucleus RTOS fo our products

Thnaks

Reply to
rhaudiogeek

Nucleus has a memory mapped extensions, but the non-mmu is probably the more common case. Linux would be the other way, much less common without an MMU. The challenges with non-MMU Nucleus is the same as any non-MMU environment, the entire app is running unprotected. If you can get your code to work properly, Nucleus will do its part. Nucleus is stable and mature. It is not the only choice for RTOS.

Regards, Steve

Reply to
stevecalfee

Nucleus Plus (the core RTOS) is stable and mature and works as advertised. I would however avoid the extra add-ons if you can. Some of them do not fit into the stable or mature category.

Reply to
Darin Johnson