Nucleus Porting to ASIC based on ARM926EJ-S

Dear All,

I have plans to work on ASIC based on ARM926EJ-S core. I am planning to port the Nucleus RTOS to the ASIC.

I find the ARM core is well supported in the Nucleus RTOS.

How to analyze the porting requirements to a supported processor but for different set of peripherals?

I have downloaded the NucleusSIM from the site. Can this be useful to me understanding the HAL layer along required porting considerations?

Are there any specific Nucleus Porting support groups for ARM?

Regards, Sandeep.

Reply to
bhaskar

By design, Nucleus does not usually support peripherals beyond the timer used to generate the system tick.

You will likely not find much in the way of porting support, because Nucleus is not free software; it is the property of Accelerated Technology, a division of Mentor Graphics, and may not be used in a product or ported without a license purchased from them.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Dear Gene,

I understand Nucleus is not a free RTOS.

We are even planning to get the License in a while.

Nuclues already supports ARM926EJ-S core.

Before getting the License, I just want to analyse the porting requirments of Nucleus RTOS to a different ASIC with the same ARM core.

For that, I need to understand whether Nuclues supports HAL layer to make the porting easy.

If not, what would be involved in porting it?

Regards, Bhaskar.

Reply to
bhaskar

Dear All,

I have plans to work on ASIC based on ARM926EJ-S core. I am planning t port the Nucleus RTOS to the ASIC.

I find the ARM core is well supported in the Nucleus RTOS.

How to analyze the porting requirements to a supported processor but fo different set of peripherals?

I have downloaded the NucleusSIM from the site. Can this be useful to m understanding the HAL layer along required porting considerations?

Are there any specific Nucleus Porting support groups for ARM?

Regards, Sandeep.

Reply to
sandeep

It's not clear what you mean by HAL layers.

A HAL layer to what?

It's a long time since I did it, but the only thing that you need to get working is the interrupt and the memory management. And this is done for you.

Nucleus should run out of the box an an ARM, what is it you think won't run?

tim

Reply to
tim (in sweden)