NicheTask is NOT FreeRTOS

The domain FreeRTOS.com was registered very shortly after I first announced
FreeRTOS.org - a totally unrelated site.

Interniche, although calling their OS NicheTask, have even taken to writing
FreeRTOS on their WEB pages in the same manner and capitalization, etc. as
me.

Flattering, but extremely annoying.  >Big< regrets not registering the .com
domain.

NicheTask is absolutely NOT FreeRTOS!!!

Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org

Re: NicheTask is NOT FreeRTOS

I recommend that you register the trademark FreeRTOS as soon as
possible.  At least you can protect yourself in this manner.  If you let
them do it first, you will be prohibited from using your own trademark.
:)

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: NicheTask is NOT FreeRTOS
Unfortunately this requires money, which they have and I do not.

announced
writing
as
.com

Re: NicheTask is NOT FreeRTOS

Well... The filing fee is $355, which is "not that much". The USPTO's
online trademark search facility doesn't yet see that name. But there is
no guarantee that your competitor hasn't already filed.

Re: NicheTask is NOT FreeRTOS

Is this a real conflict or an unfortunate coincidence of names in
the open-source area?  I doubt there is money to be made.  If that
is correct it should ease an amicable solution.  So far all I see
is high dudgeon, and no direct contact.

Re: NicheTask is NOT FreeRTOS

How much does it cost to register a trademark?

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: NicheTask is NOT FreeRTOS

$355 to file, potentially a lot more to research it and, if necessary,
get someone else to vacate it. But this particular one doesn't /seem/
to be taken yet.

Site Timeline