Newsletter systems architecting October 2003

L.S.,

This is low-tech and low profile newsletter about the Gaudi Systems
Architecting website:
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/

The book "Architectural reasoning; balancing genericity and specificity"
<www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/ArchitecturalReasoningBook.pdf>
is split into the educational oriented book and the scientific oriented
PhD thesis
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/ThesisBook.pdf .

Significantly changed in the thesis are the theory chapters:
"Basic Methods"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/ThesisBWMAPaper.pdf
"Submethods in the CAF views"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/TCAFsubMethodsPaper.pdf
"Submethods in the CR views"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/TCRsubMethodsPaper.pdf

new chapters:
"The future of architecting research"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/FutureOfArchitectingResearchPaper.pdf
"Reflection on research method to study architecting methods"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/ReflectionOnResearchMethodPaper.pdf
"Balancing genericity and specificity"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/GenericityVsSpecificityPaper.pdf
"Evaluation of architectural reasoning by diverse sources"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/ARevaluationOtherPaper.pdf

new reader for the updated course on requirements engineering:
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/OOTIrequirementsBook.pdf

new presentations:
"Threads of reasoning illustrated by medical imaging case"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/PresentationMITORSlides.pdf

"Architectural Refactoring; illustrated by MR"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/ArchitecturalRefactoringMRSlides.pdf

"From story to design illustrated by medical imaging"
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/MIstoryToDesignSlides.pdf

new pages:
Embedded Systems Institute
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/EmbeddedSystems.html

Python (a highly recommended programming language)
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/PythonLinks.html

Please be encouraged to send any feedback to me!

See for other recent changes:
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/newspage.html

Regards Gerrit
--
Gaudi systems architecting:
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch /

Re: Newsletter systems architecting October 2003

Who is L.S.?

If this is something that would be of interest to the gentle readers of
comp.arch.embedded, you need to take two steps back and explain what you
are talking about and why it might be of interest here.

Thad

Re: Newsletter systems architecting October 2003
Op Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:14:09 -0700 schreef Thad Smith

Lectori Salutem, Hail to the Reader!

--
Coos

Re: Newsletter systems architecting October 2003

I sent in my resume to a place whose website claimed their motto was
"Carpe Sub Ubi".  Never heard back, perhaps just as well.  (I'm not sure
that I'm ready for that sort of low-level development. :^)

--
Ron Sharp.
Remember, Remember the Fifth of November...

Re: Newsletter systems architecting October 2003
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:33:32 -0500, "Android Cat"

[...]

Must be the place where Bob the dinosaur works...

Regards,

                               -=Dave
--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

Re: Newsletter systems architecting October 2003

Is already explained by another gentle reader. In otehr words: "Dear all".
The Gaudi systems architecting website is consolidating system
architecting know how in software and technology intensive systems. This
is another way of describing embedded systems. The experience behind the
site is based on complex embedded systems (MRI scanners, wafersteppers)
and smaller systems (televisions, single-chip TV, et cetera). The site
is extended as part of the work of the Embedded Systems Institute
www.embeddedsystems.nl

The site discusses both the technical background of architecting. That
fits well in this group. It also describes the business, application,
proces and organization issues around architecting. That fits less in
this group.

An example of information that might interest this group is the case
description of a medical imaging workstation. Although 10 years old, it
is very interesting today, because all concepts are now applicable at
smaller devices (televisions, home servers, cell phones, et cetera).
The core of the case can be found at:
<http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/MIconceptualViewPaper.pdf

thanks for making me aware of the missing 2 steps, kind regards, Gerrit
--
Gaudi systems architecting:
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch /

Site Timeline