Newbie question. SBC Selection.

I am starting a prototyping effort and am looking for a way to outboard some calculations onto a PCI card that I can plug into a Intel-based server running XP.

Ideally I would like a PCI card with an x86 (or PPC) processor, large memory onboard (2GB minimum, 8GB or beyond would be nicer), and the ability to DMA transfer between the PCI card and the server's memory. 66Mhz PCI would also be desirable.

Suggestions or pointers to vendors or resources welcome. Thanks for any info.

--Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Dellacona