Newbie PLD Register Usage Question

Greetings all,

I am trying to build a SPI Device that has Enhanced GPIO's (Yes i kno that there are some on the market, but i am looking for specfi features).

I would like to have internal configuration registers, etc, that can b read by the MCU, but i am unsure as to available register resources on th PLD (at the moment i am thinking about a 22V10).

Using ABEL...

When i declare a signal as type 'reg' does it chew up one of the devic I/O pin registers, and limiting the total number of registers for state vars, etc to the total number of pins on the device ?

Or can it create D-Flip Flops using the Nand array only ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

-Lenny Story

-> This message was sent using the web interface o

StoryL

resources on the

You'll need at least 8 bits for the data register, without any cointrol logic.. get a bigger PLD- say a Lattice 1016 or a Xilinx XCR3064, both

64 registers.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke