newbie help: MPC8260 kernel panic

Hi all and sorry in advance for my questions.
I'd like to submit you a problem I'm working on since a week.
During the boot the linux kernel hangs because of a kernel panic.
The errors showed are:

... Machine check in kernel mode
Caused by (from SRR141%000): Transfer error ack
signal Oops: machine check, sig: 7
[...]
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
<0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..

It seems to me this happends in do_initcalls() function, but I'm not
able to understand exaclty what causes this problem and what's the
possible solution.
In the net I found someone had the same problem on the same board, but
there was no posted a solution :(
Any help or idea?

Thanks in advance

Re: newbie help: MPC8260 kernel panic

SIGBUS 7 BUS error (4.2 BSD)
You could have a non responding peripheral.

Save/Restore Register 1 (SRR1) Y Holds copy of Machine
State Register (MSR) just prior to exception

The MSR is the main control register for the processor.
it controls:
- the privilege level the processor is operating in (user/supervisor)
- whether interrupts are enabled/disabled
- whether instruction/data accesses can be translated through their
MMUs
- tracing capabilities on a per-instruction or per-branch instruction
level

Try to determine from the content of SRR1 the
context of the processor at the time of exception

Try do disable as many drivers as you can until it
works. Then add them one by one to find the culprit.

Site Timeline