Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?

I've got a starter kit with a DIP 40 pin Atmel MC.
The part just says 89C51RD2-IM on it. Can I use
the newer AT89C51 versions as well? The software
seems to support it but I'm wondering if the pinout,
voltage levels, etc. are the same.

Thanks,
Andrew Queisser

Re: Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?
I did a Google and found this.  Ain't Google grand.

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc4239.pdf

Jay

--
.
"I'm pullin' for you; we're all in this together", Red Green

 pinout is the same, just watch for different functions, i.e. timers,
registers, a/d, d/a etc, check power ranges and osc freq.
rw

Re: Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?
If you weren't so lazy you would go to manufacturer site and download
the datasheets and compare them.

Re: Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?
well, it would be handy if you could but some of the differences are not
clearly documented.
--
Tim Mitchell

Re: Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?

When was the last time he ran diff on two .PDF files?

Re: Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?

Or, you could go to the Atmel web, under
  Products   /  8051 Architecture   / App Notes

And find the one called
Migration from T89C51RD2 to AT89C51RD2/ED2   (16 pages, updated 6/03)

URL is
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc4239.pdf

-jg

Re: Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?
In article

T89C51RD2 is the same as AT89C51ED2

*EXCEPT*
the eeprom write procedure is different
and the bootloader is in ROM, you have to map it in using the ENBOOT
bit. Also the bootloader occupies more memory map than in the T..RD2
--
Tim Mitchell

Site Timeline