Newbie: Atmel T89c51RD2 and AT89... interchangeable?

I've got a starter kit with a DIP 40 pin Atmel MC. The part just says 89C51RD2-IM on it. Can I use the newer AT89C51 versions as well? The software seems to support it but I'm wondering if the pinout, voltage levels, etc. are the same.

Thanks, Andrew Queisser

Reply to
andrew queisser

I did a Google and found this. Ain't Google grand.

Jay

"I'm pullin' for you; we're all in this together", Red Green
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
happyhobit

pinout is the same, just watch for different functions, i.e. timers, registers, a/d, d/a etc, check power ranges and osc freq. rw

Reply to
Rein Wiehler

Reply to
MArk

T89C51RD2 is the same as AT89C51ED2

*EXCEPT* the eeprom write procedure is different and the bootloader is in ROM, you have to map it in using the ENBOOT bit. Also the bootloader occupies more memory map than in the T..RD2
--
Tim Mitchell
Reply to

In article , MArk writes

well, it would be handy if you could but some of the differences are not clearly documented.

--
Tim Mitchell
Reply to

When was the last time he ran diff on two .PDF files?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

Or, you could go to the Atmel web, under Products / 8051 Architecture / App Notes

And find the one called Migration from T89C51RD2 to AT89C51RD2/ED2 (16 pages, updated 6/03)

URL is

-jg

Reply to
jim granville