New toothbrush with "onboard computer"

Anyone know what micro is in that new Oral B toothbrush being
advertised heavily right now?

--Keith

Re: New toothbrush with "onboard computer"

It is almost certainly an Elan/EMC, WinBond, or SunPlus.
PICs, 8051s, ARMs, etc are far too expensive.

--
Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/

Re: New toothbrush with "onboard computer"

Depends, on the quantity manufactured for a start. PICs can be surprisingly
cheap in very large quantities. I found one in a hairdryer once, and we
used one in a CO2 detector that was made in million off quantities.

With people like WinBond you will find they are unlikely to do business with
you unless your annual spend exceeds USD 1 million.

Ian

Re: New toothbrush with "onboard computer"

Could be Atmel Tiny11

Re: New toothbrush with "onboard computer"
Not sure about the exact model, but a small firm in Boston was doing
some development on a smart toothbrush for Gillette in early 2004
using a Microchip PIC processor.   I believe it was one of the 8pin
models like the PIC12C671.

Re: New toothbrush with "onboard computer"

The older 1 had a pic in it.

Site Timeline